Now you can compost ALL you food waste!
Having multiple composters myself, I have to say these bins are just amazing. You can transform ALL food waste ( including cooked food, meat, fish & cheese into a super healthy nutrients rich, compost with these Bokashi bins. The bins are small and compact and can be kept in your kitchen. No smells, no flies.
What is a Bokashi Bin?
These bins are the most effective methods of recycling kitchen waste. It is carried out in an airtight container using Bokashi as a compost activator. Bokashi is a Japanese term meaning ” Fermented Organic Matter “. It is bran – based material that has been inoculated with beneficial micro-organisms ( a mix of friendly bacteria, yeast and fungi) which helps to speed up the composting process, suppress pathogens as well as prevent putrefaction and foul smells.
The fermentation process does not produce adverse smells so you can keep the bucket under the sink or in the home.
- No Smells because of friendly safe bacteria and used.
- No fruit flies because the process does not require air
- Small & compact for kitchen
- Cooked & uncooked foods including meat, fish, fruit and vegetables may be safely composted in a home compost bin when processed with Bokashi Bin System.
- Will help rebuild the soil in your garden and will decontaminate soil from harmful pathogens and pollutants.
- Watch your garden bloom with a new life if you bury your fermented food waste directly under the soil or make it into compost in a compost bin.
- Can be added to your wormery.
What you can put into the bins.
Food Scraps & Leftovers
- Fruit & Veg
- Dairy Products
- Meat & Bones
Pizza, Burgers, Snacks, Baked foods, cakes
Other organic Material
Double Bokashi Kit Includes
2x Bokashi Bin buckets with taps, lids, handles and inner drain trays, 1 x trowel
1 x scoop. 1kg of Bokashi Bran ( 2 months supply)
Comes with full instructions. They are super easy to set up.