We are all aware of the fact that the Seaweed that often gets entangled in our legs at the beach is packed with nutrients and vitamins. These nutrients can benefit your chickens to a huge extent if added to their meal regularly in appropriate amounts.
Some of the benefits of Seaweed are as follows:
- Including high protein seaweed in your chicken’s diet allows you to increase your nutrition intake, enhance their immune system, and boost their fertility.
- They have a wide variety of composition, depending on the species, time of collection and habitat, and on external conditions such as water temperature, light intensity and nutrient concentration in water.
- Seaweeds concentrate minerals from brine and contain 10–20 times the minerals of land plants.
- The calcium proportion in seaweed is 10 times more than a glass of milk.
Seaweed in your chicken’s meal is known to contain 30% of the nutritional contents of grains. Moreover, Seaweeds are an important source of:
Furthermore, Seaweed also contains trace elements that can make a considerable difference in your chicken’s overall health. These trace elements are:
Advantages of Seaweed for chickens
1. Fortify the largest organ of the body ( skin)
The antioxidants in Seaweed can help prevent free radical damage to the skin and protect against skin ageing. In addition, Seaweed can moisturize and calm the skin.
2. Progressive digestion
The organic feed contains an adequate amount of fiber that helps to feed bacteria in the intestine; bacteria, in turn, breaks them into components and helps to boost up the immune system that progressively fastens the animal intake and therefore increases the yield.
3. As a suppressant for stress in livestock
It reduces the stress in the body after the intake of seaweeds and can combat diseases that can even balance the hormonal changes that play a pivotal role in the improvement of animals fertilization rate.
4. Increase fertility rate
The iodine-rich super-food helps in keeping your growth hormones in balance. These are equally benefical in maintaining balance in lymphtic, urinary and nervous system.
5. Premium egg quality
Making the seaweed diet a part of your chicken’s routine will make a difference in the quality of eggs produced by the chicken. Seaweed diet enhances yolk colour, the thickness of the shell and increases the weight of the eggs produced.
Why should you buy Betterplants seaweed for chicken?
Our main focus at better plants is to provide the feed to your chicken that makes them stronger not only internally but also externally. Therefore, buying your chicken’s Seaweed from Betterplants is recommended by many of our buyers due to the quality of feed we provide. Here is what makes our seaweed diet special:
- It is a highly organic Seaweed that is harvested by hand in Donegal.
- We do not add any preservatives as it diminishes the 100% organic property.
- It contains 60 minerals and 12 vitamins for your chicken’s health.
- It has prebiotic properties.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Excellent service, thank you kindly
Linda M. (verified owner) –
My chickens love this product and they are looking so healthy . I would recommend this to any chicken farmer.